21 Oct 2012
- Written by VolunteeringQld
Is your organisation engaging volunteers or thinking of engaging volunteers? If so, this training will be of significant value to you and your organisation.
Successful volunteer managers
> Are aware of current and emerging models of volunteering.
> Learn to understand and respond to the priorities of volunteers.
> Adapt their practice to changing community perceptions, demographics, and expectations.
> Take a leadership role in shaping how their organisation understands and works with its volunteers.
> Support their volunteers in safe and meaningful practice.
Subsidised training opportunity
Skills Queensland has partnered with the Health and Community Services Workforce Council and Volunteering Qld to provide an opportunity to complete the Certificate IV in Volunteer Program Coordination (CHC42712) qualification at a subsidised enrolment fee of $722.
This qualification will support your work involving the recruitment and coordination of volunteers within a program or organisation in the community services or health sectors.
- 4 x 2-day workshops in late Nov 2012 and mid Feb-Mar-Apr 2013. These workshops will be held in Logan Central, Townsville, Nambour, Dalby and Maryborough, covering:
- #1 Understanding Volunteering in the 21st Century; Recruit & co-ordinate your volunteers
- #2 Communicating with your volunteers
- #3 Training your volunteers
- #4 Risk management & WHS
- Almost all assessment completed at workshops thus workshop attendance is important.
- Supervision and support provided by your dedicated assessor by email / telephone / Skype.