- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 14:33
Creative engagement in practice can be used to inspire, challenge, help see things differently, bring joy to people and build better communities.
8 tips for creative engagement
- Explore possibilities.
- Fun is essential.
- Create a safe space.
- Flexibility within boundaries.
- Collaboration and co-creation leads to innovation.
- Allow for multiplicity.
- Mistakes and mess are necessary.
- Value judgements are okay.
Creative engagement is good for...
- Making people see things differently.
- Confronting uncomfortable realities.
- Coming face-to-face with the other.
- Challenging the status quo.
- Empowering the disempowered.
- Communicating across divides.
- Reclaiming public space.
- Collaborating across sectors.
- Bringing joy, humour and an element of the unexpected into the every day.
Most importantly, creativity...
- Brings with it - passion, inspiration, innovation and increases self-worth.
- Works because it is disarming and inclusive.
- Is impactful because it is engaging.