- Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 18:05
Corporate or employee volunteering is one way that corporations can fulfil their social responsibility and remain connected with communities.
Companies which engage in corporate volunteering actively support and encourage their employees to volunteer their services for a local community organisation. It involves the contribution of time, talent, energy, skills and resources by a company’s workforce.
Corporate volunteering programs are not homogeneous and there is a range of ways in which corporations can engage with their local communities depending on the specific needs of both the corporation and the community organisation.
Historically, corporations have been involved with community organisations in various ways, encompassing sponsorship arrangements, cause-related marketing ventures, pro-bono assistance or donations. However, more and more corporations are recognising the value of employee volunteer programs for both the corporation and the community organisation.
- Supports and stimulates businesses by bridging the gap between company and community
- Differentiates recruitment and staff development strategies
- Creates exciting and meaningful team building activities
- Improves morale and motivation
- Produces positive effects on productivity
- Improves company relations
- Greater job satisfaction for employees
- Increase in employee knowledge, skills and abilities
- Increase personal and professional growth in employees
As the lead agency for volunteering in Queensland, Volunteering Qld is committed to assisting both business and community organisations to work effectively together through corporate volunteering.
Use Linkki to find current corporate volunteering opportunities at nonprofits around the state.