- Font Size
- Reading Mode
Nominations are now closed, and in mid-April we will assess and shortlist all entries to determine our finalists and award recipients.
The awards ceremony
All nominees, finalists and recipients will be recognised and celebrated at the 2017 Queensland Volunteering Awards ceremony.
We will pay tribute to their compassion, commitment, hard work and their positive impact on communities.
Awards will be presented across six key categories:
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Youth Volunteering Award
- Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award
- Volunteering Impact Award (a volunteer program)
- Corporate Volunteering Award (an employee volunteering program)
The process from here:
- Invitations are issued. All nominees and nominators will be notified of their nomination via email in mid-April. They will receive an invitation to the Queensland Volunteering Awards ceremony. Nominees will receive free entry to the ceremony, but nominators, family and friends will need to purchase a ticket at an affordable price. Finalists will receive free tickets for their special guests.
- Selection panel convenes. Selection panels comprising experienced community, government and business leaders will meet to select the 2017 award finalists and recipients for each category.
- Awards ceremony. On Friday 12 May, 10am - 12noon at Brisbane City Hall, the Queensland Volunteering Awards ceremony will acknowledge the incredible work of all volunteers. This ceremony will highlight the stories of those who have gone above and beyond in their dedication to the community through volunteering, as well as awarding each recipient with their trophy and certificate.
Meet the amazing nominees
You can view the stories and experiences of some of nominated individuals, programs and organisations in our media centre.