- Font Size
- Reading Mode
As part of National Volunteer Week 2020, Volunteering Queensland is proud to launch two helpful guides for volunteering and volunteer management in pandemics.
Read a media statement about these resources by Minister for Communities and Minister for Disability Services and Seniors The Honourable Coralee O'Rourke.
During a pandemic, volunteer involving organisations will be faced with a number of changes, this guide provides practical checklists and guidance on key things to consider including:
- Safeguarding your organisation against the pandemic
- Determining if a volunteer program should continue and if so how to do it safely
- Maintaining volunteer engagement in a pandemic
- Building a volunteer program to respond to a pandemic
- Planning for the future in a post-pandemic environment.
During a pandemic, volunteers will be faced with the need to adapt to a number of changes and to make decisions that may impact their volunteering. This guide provides practical checklists and information on key things to consider including:
- Volunteering in a pandemic
- Helping in pandemic response and recovery
- Continuing or ceasing to volunteer
- Maintaining good health and wellbeing
- Staying connected
- Volunteering post-pandemic.