- Font Size
- Reading Mode
Life is busy at the Office of the Governor with their team focused on the Governor's Program of constitutional, ceremonial and community activities. They are seeking an experienced and energetic part-time Public Engagement Officer in a newly created position to join their small team. The role will provide administrative support to their Public Engagement Program, and in particular the guided tours of Government House, which form part of the Governor's civic and community engagement. Government House provides 150 opportunities annually for members of the public to visit the Estate, and this role provides the necessary administrative support to make this happen. These opportunities include;
- Guided group tours of the House and Estate for community-based organisations, school groups and members of the public;
- Open Day in honour of Queensland Day, usually held on the Saturday closest to 6 June;
- Open Day as part of Brisbane Open House, usually held on the second Saturday of October; and;
- Government House Christmas lights display, held in December each year.
The Public Engagement Program is supported by a dedicated team of Government House Volunteers who are instrumental in providing the resources to deliver the public engagement opportunities to the Queensland community, and the Public Engagement Officer is responsible for coordinating the volunteers.
To enable the Office of the Governor to assess your merit, you should:
- View the full position description
- Apply online at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- Provide your current resume, including the names and contact details of two (2) referees with a thorough knowledge of your conduct and performance over the last two (2) years. One of the referees should be your current or immediate past supervisor.
- Provide a short statement (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you fit the capabilities they are looking for in this role and outlining your motivation to join them.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as applications will be considered as received with the final closing date being Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.