This workshop is an introduction to good practice in recruiting, inducting, supporting and developing volunteers within your organisation.
It will give an overview of some key areas for volunteer organisations to consider when building their volunteer team.
This workshop will cover:
- Current trends in volunteering
- Getting a good fit for your organisation and the volunteer
- Recruitment and induction
- Retention and recognition practices
- Legal context and considerations
- Explore case studies to assist in understanding the responsibilities around recruiting and maintaining a volunteer workforce.
The workshop will include handouts.
Time frames: 9am – 12pm (includes refreshments on arrival)