Need help recruiting, training and retaining volunteers?
As a member of Volunteering Queensland you are eligible for support in recruiting volunteers, managing their journey and delivering outstanding outcomes for your community.
Discover how becoming a member can benefit your organisation and your volunteers.
We invite you to join us.
Volunteer-involving organisations across the state are the backbone of many sectors; providing opportunities for volunteers to support organisations in community services, education & training, support of young people, seniors and disability services, as well as family services, art, culture and environment.
We understand that recruiting, managing and celebrating volunteers is best done with support and resources. That’s why Volunteering Queensland offers membership for all volunteer-involving organisations, managers and individuals, as well as corporate companies and affiliates, to ensure training, resources, recruitment and management practices are in place to fast-track success.
What’s in it for your organisation?
As an organisation you will
- Increase efficiency to achieve operational excellence within volunteer programs.
- Improve the resilience of your services by building robust volunteer programs.
- Have access to resources, templates, publications and policies to develop volunteering programs .
- Have a voice representing your interests on volunteering issues at State and Federal levels.
- Be part of a like-minded community of volunteer-involving organisations .
- Upload an organisational profile on our website.
- Place, edit and manage your volunteer positions.
- Receive applications directly from the many and varied volunteers who visit our website every day.
As a volunteer manager you will
- Save time by accessing ready-made resources and solutions.
- Have a greater understanding of sector challenges, successes and best practice.
- Build your knowledge and skills to develop your program and career.
- Have access to a range of recruitment channels to ensure you have a pipeline of suitable volunteers to meet your program needs.
- Join valuable networks.
Join our community of members today and discover the benefits.
- Support with recruiting volunteers, including advertising volunteer roles on our online platforms and online recruitment partner channels.
- Opportunities to promote events through our website, social media and email communication channels (by negotiation).
- 20% discount for professional development, training, workshops, consultation services, conferences and events.
- Access resources, tools, research, webinars and videos.
- Two hours free consultation for new members.
- Advice and support for volunteer management related issues and opportunities
- Access to corporate volunteering partners offering skilled and team-based employee volunteers.
- Access to pro bono legal services provided by Hall & Wilcox.
- Free volunteer manager networking events.
- Industry updates via regular newsletters.
- Acknowledgement on our website and membership certificate.
- Associate membership of Volunteering Australia*.
*Members of Volunteering Queensland automatically become Associate Members of Volunteering Australia at no charge. Your organisation will be included on the Volunteering Australia membership list. As an Associate Member of Volunteering Australia, your organisation will benefit from opportunities to:
- Access, use or utilise services made available by Volunteering Australia
- Participate in policy work
- Input into Volunteering Australia’s strategic plan
- Receive notice, attend and speak at general meetings of Volunteering Australia (except in relation to matters which are subject to reserved voting rights – Associate Members do not have voting rights at general meetings of Volunteering Australia).
- Opportunities for partnerships and collaborations
- Input into policy and advocacy work through consultations, forums, surveys
- Support letters for funding, grant and sponsorship applications .
What happens once you’re registered?
- Prospective volunteers either discuss volunteering opportunities with Volunteering Queensland, or independently search for positions on our website
- When a volunteer expresses interest in a position they are provided with the details of your opportunity
- You will receive an email with the volunteer’s contact details
- It is then up to your organisation to liaise with the potential volunteer and arrange a meeting to discuss their suitability for the position
- Volunteering Queensland can also assist you to promote your positions by either featuring them on our homepage or utilising our various social media platforms – contact email@example.com to discuss these opportunities
- Share inspiring stories of your volunteers to encourage more Queenslanders to get involved.
Please note, applications are subject to approval in order to establish that the purpose of the applying organisation in no way conflicts with the objectives of Volunteering Queensland. You will not be able to login or use our online volunteer referral service until your application has been approved. The outcome of your application will be emailed to you within 5 business days or contact made with you for clarification.