COTA Queensland invites you to be part of our 60 plus year history, in helping the broader community achieve new levels of understanding around ageing as we dedicate ourselves to advancing the rights, needs, interests and futures of people as we age in Queensland. We want Queenslanders to see ageing as a time of possibility opportunity and influence.
Working with volunteers of all ages, cultures, abilities; we:
- Respect and value the contribution and lived experience of people as we age and support each person’s right to make choices and participate in their community.
- Value the great diversity that characterises people of all ages and are committed to genuine exchange and engagement.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with older people, with each other, with our partners and with the Queensland community to achieve COTA Queensland’s vision and purpose.
- Operate ethically, openly, honestly and with accountability in all our interactions.
- Recognise the impact of systemic inequalities, disadvantage and discrimination on some Queenslanders as we age and are committed to speaking out on these issues to achieve our vision.
COTA Queensland plans and appropriately resources our volunteer roles so that we can offer roles that are meaningful, varied and reflect our organisation’s broad needs in achieving our goals of:
- Facilitating positive outcomes for Queenslanders with a focus on the Decade of Healthy Ageing local priorities
- Being the connection point in Queensland for networks and experts in influence and shape age-related policy, programs and outcomes
- Ensuring that COTA Queensland is a valued an sustainable organisation.